WELCOME!

Welcome to Mrs. Chapman's Classroom Page. I hope that you enjoy my class and if there is something that you are not enjoying, say it here! :) OR if there is something that I can help you with, I will be more than happy to do what I can to help you in any way possible. :) WELCOME TO MY CLASS! :)



Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day of Discovery - Larry Lipman

Larry Lipman  www.funteambuilding.com

FORMULA FOR LIFE:
E + R = O

Events in life
       +
Reactions we chose to make
       =
Outcome - our mood for the day, our reputation, or our destiny


WORDS FOR SUCCESS
(need to blow this up and post it on my wall at school)
Problem                                                Challenge
But                                                       And
Pissed Off                                              Tinkled
Lazy                                                      Storing Energy
No Problem                                            Happy to, You're Welcome
Lonely                                                   Available
Exhausted                                              Recharging
Failure                                                   Learning Opportunity
Mistake                                                  Feedback
I should                                                 I will OR I won't
I failed                                                   I learned
I messed up                                           I recommit

Icebreakers / Re-Energizers:
CARDS:
When people walk in the room hand them a card from a deck of cards. Have them walk around the room with the card you gave them on their forehead (without them ever looking at the card), and have everyone treat them the way that the card says to treat them. If they are an King, you need to bow to them, a Joker - laugh, Queen - Bow, kiss hand, BUT if they are a 2 - treat them as such. It really gets everyone thinking about the way that you treat others. No one MAKES you treat people like that, you treat them like that already without the cards on people's heads. Think about that the next time you talk to someone.

FINISH THIS SENTENCE:
If I had 5% more...
  -  Courage
  -  Integrity
  -  Confidence
  -  Wisdom
What would I do?
(5% is attainable, What could you do? TRY IT!!!)

FACE TO FACE:
Grab a sheet of paper, then find someone in the room that looks as smart as you know you are. Stand facing your partner. Without looking down at the paper draw their face. When you are finished, show your partner.
- Shows your attention to detail
- Recognizing your intelligence
- It's ok to laugh at yourself
- Everyone is on the same page
- Walls come down

No comments:

Post a Comment