WELCOME!

Welcome to Mrs. Chapman's Classroom Page. I hope that you enjoy my class and if there is something that you are not enjoying, say it here! :) OR if there is something that I can help you with, I will be more than happy to do what I can to help you in any way possible. :) WELCOME TO MY CLASS! :)



Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Mix of Session Material

There were a few sessions I went to that didn't provide enough information in them to do a full post on, so I figured I would cram all of the random things here...

1)  Are these two figures both quadrilaterals?


ACTUALLY, YES THEY ARE!!!  Weird Huh?!?!  They aren't when you consider what we teach at the 7th/8th grade level as the definition of a quadrilateral, BUT, the higher in math you get, you find out that they are.  They are quadrilaterals because if you take the very middle of each line and connect them to form quadrilaterals, then they are quadrilaterals.  See below. 
STRANGE TO ME!!! But I had to share! :)


2) STAAR Gazing:
TABS, TEAMS, TAAS, TAKS, STAAR - It's all about "Closing the Gap" and making students more and more intelligent as the test gets harder and harder each time.

Go to the TEA website for all updated STAAR information.

3)  It's not what YOU know, it's about asking better questions and getting more and more information from the students.  Helping them achieve what you want them to achieve.

Thanks everyone!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment