WELCOME!

Welcome to Mrs. Chapman's Classroom Page. I hope that you enjoy my class and if there is something that you are not enjoying, say it here! :) OR if there is something that I can help you with, I will be more than happy to do what I can to help you in any way possible. :) WELCOME TO MY CLASS! :)



Saturday, June 25, 2011

Professional Learning Network

Do you have a Professional Learning Network, or for short a PLN?  Of course you do!!!  You have it in the people you talk to at work, the people you have met at trainings, and the endless amount of people you have gone to when you "googled" something to get ideas.  Those people all make up your PLN.

What are great ways to learn about new people to add to your PLN? 

Twitter & Blogs are two great ways to add to your PLN.  Your co-workers are probably following some really interesting people on Twitter.  You could be following them too.  Then, those connections are now a broader part of your PLN.  I have started following some of those people's Blogs too.  While Twitter can only use 140 characters, people like me sometimes need more room to write, which is why we have blogs.  Actually, the Blog came before Twitter.  Twitter is a micro-blog, basically, it's people blogging without having to type as much, but still get great information out there. 

Who do you follow?  Who should I be following?  I have listed a few below.  I would love to add to my PLN.  You should check out my list and see if you would lke to add to yours too.

Great Math Technology Sites
Great Twitter People to Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment